Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hello, It's Me - February 3, 2013

Mom and Uncle Bill

February 3, 2013

It's been a while since I've posted...and so much has happened.

I think of Mom everyday and miss her so much.  All those feelings come rushing back when I do...I should have been a better daughter, she deserved so much more than she received.

So...till I'm no longer here, I will do whatever I can within my power to raise money and awareness for Cancer Research...and VHL.  Because, I made that promise.

My daughter, Shana and grandson Davonte both have VHL.  I worry everyday, that VHL will rear it's ugly head again...it's difficult knowing it's lurking there.  We are always waiting for whatever comes next.  This past year has been a good year...nothing new has popped up.  I hope it stays that way.

I don't worry for myself as much as I worry for my children.  I know it's there...I'm not afraid, I know I will have to deal with whatever it brings...but, I will worry when I have something to worry about.  That's our family motto as it concerns VHL.  We will worry when we have something to worry about...because worrying isn't going to change anything. 

My last  check...they found 3 new tumors in my right eye.  I'll be having laser surgery soon.  Then...endochronolgy. (sigh)...I'll worry when I have something to worry about.

I'm in MDR Mode now.  I just sent out the SAVE THE DATE!  Mom's Day Run 2013 will be on May 12th.  We are hoping to pass the 200 mark.  That's 200 run/walkers!  I've set up the Registration Link and updated the Facebook Page.  I will start sponsorship solicitation soon.

REGISTRATION INFO FOR MDR: http://www.active.com/running/ventura-ca/moms-day-run---2013

PHOTOS FROM MDR 2012: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/359846527371706/.

MOM'S DAY RUN FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/359846527371706/?fref=ts

I'm currently employeed with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  I work with Team in Training which is one of LLS's fundraising groups.  I've fundraised with them for several events.  And They've been really supportive with our Mom's Day Run.  Hopefully we can grow the MDR and raise even more money this year.  I think, keeping it a Home Town Event is what makes this event so appealing.

I'm also working with VHL to have our very own 5k in September, in Ann Arbor Michigan at Gallup Park.  I'm excited to be a part of this and hoping we can create a buzz...and have a TEAM VHL!!!


Gotta Run,
Suellen

Marianne's Family



No comments:

Post a Comment